WHAT IS AN NYCHA SENIOR REGIONAL DIRECTOR?
The NYCHA Senior Regional Directors consist of one representative in each of the eight regions.
The NYCHA Senior Regional Directors and the Senior Officers will make up the NYCHA Senior Youth Board of Directors.
The NYCHA Senior Regional Directors will work closely with NYCHA Senior Officers to help grow the NYCHA to a level of excellence, work with the NYCHA Youth Area Directors to strengthen the NYCHA membership, help NYCHA Youth Area Directors with scholarship and grant opportunities, establish education and leadership programs, create fundraisers, and any other projects that will continue to strive for a level of excellence.
WANT TO BECOME AN NYCHA SENIOR REGIONAL DIRECTOR?
NYCHA Senior Regional Directors will serve a one-year term. Members that apply for a regional director position must be an eligible youth member in the year they will serve. They must be at least age 14 as of June 1st, one year prior to the term they will serve. The term of service will be from the end of Youth Convention Week in July, until the end of the following Youth Convention Week in July.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF AN NYCHA SENIOR REGIONAL DIRECTOR?
- Attending NYCHA meetings to represent your region relating to NYCHA activities. Meetings of the Senior Youth Board of Directors will be conducted via a conference call or in-person, when possible.
- Communicate to all NYCHA Youth Area Directors about ongoing matters involving the NYCHA
- Assist in coordinating with NYCHA Youth Area Directors for all fundraisers to include but not limited to, the Stallion Service Program and/or raffles.
- Submit at least one article for the monthly Youth Newsletter and/or Youth Connection in the Chatter.
- Assist in recruiting new youth members
- Assist NYCHA Youth Area Directors with educational and leadership programs in their area.
- Assist with developing scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Conduct any other business that the NYCHA Youth President deems necessary.